Wednesday 26 January 2022

Galley box

 And of course I needed a Galley Box...

Inspired by Roger Barnes and many others on youtube I started to work out some ideas and tips:  Compact fitting in the far end of the bunks, a wind breaker for the stove, constructed so that pans and kettle fits exactly without the risk of falling of the stove.

And naturally it had to be made of aluminum 😏. As with the boat all similarities in construction with wood cease and so I had to make my own “inventions”.

I Started with the size of my kitchen gear and the stove. I absolutely wanted an alcohol stove as this is save, not pressurised, no gaslines, (almost) no moving parts in the stove and easily obtainable. Only disadvantage is that it has a bit lower burning temperature.

I also wanted my stove stable and easy to control and those types are a bit more rare. Most alcohol stoves are very small and only can be extinguished by putting a lid on. The bigger stoves are usually quite expensive. I found a very interesting stove in China.










No comments:

Post a Comment