Friday 21 June 2019

First results & a bummer

Took a while since last post but a lot happened in the meantime: I drew the first pieces on the sheets with the templates, cut them and grind them to precise measurements. Which worked super! the sheet cutter did its job and the grinder slimmed the pieces down to the millimeter.

Welding something else than trial pieces was really different but I felt confident enough to build and shape the centerboard trunk and it actually surprised me that I made a firm piece of Pocketship.


First I had in mind to post some results when I finished the whole keel-and-trunk section but unfortunately my welding machine broke down after 1,5 week of perfect functioning. With a loud bang the machine stopped as well as the rest of the electricity in the house ;-). 

So cutting some parts in advance was the only option...

 


And of course I needed to "elongate" some pieces as well. In aluminum this is so simple: just make a straight and sturdy "butt weld" & grind it flat. After that it is immediately available for further process.

Hope to get my welding equipement back soon to be able to show you the complete keel&trunk section.


No comments:

Post a Comment