Friday 5 July 2019

What about eye sight...

Sometimes you encounter a personal "awareness" that almost feel spiritual...
I did today.

No it's not something magic but in fact something stupid!

When I started welding lessons I discovered that I had to get used to the sight behind the welding helmet. As I hadn't any experience before I accepted the "scene" as it was and that I had to train myself in observing the welding process.

During the lessons I discovered that  multi focal glasses aren't ideal. At reading distance the lower part of the glasses were looking exactly where the window of the helmet stopped.
So I used a cheap reading glasses and it worked.

A few lessons later I discovered that I had issues with keeping distance of my head to the welding process. Slowly creeping into the weld and not getting a clear focus of course.
So I decided to buy standard reading glasses a higher figure than my own. And guess what...

 

A new world opened up!!!. Welding is so relaxed now. I can see everything happening in the weld.
I wished I discovered this months ago.

Well, my welds made a shocking improvement again so I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment