Monday 27 April 2020

Rolling over with just 3 men in 1 hour

Time came to turn this vessel up side down as well. Not for covering or painting but to weld the long outside joints of the hull.
Now what to do in a pandemic limited situation? Try to do it all by my self? That would be possible if I had the right machines. 
But with some family and a bit of “engineering” it could do the job within an hour.

I extended the existing cradle over the top side of the boat in such a way that it formed a kind of crate which could be rolled over in a few steps.
Halfway the process I took the wheels from the bottom side and screwed them on the topside. The boat rolled in to the garage as easy as it came out... upside down...



As you can see at the picture above I didn’t finish the dorade boxes yet. This is because I had to leave out the floor boards until after the welding of the hull. Hot spatters could burn and ruin the floor. I can just pass these boards through the vent holes in the forward cabin wall.
















No comments:

Post a Comment