Thursday 9 July 2020

Bottom work en upright again!

Well, where tot start...

The main purpose of turning over the boat was to be able to weld the bottom.
That succeeded so quickly that I didn't take any picture of it. I have a small Youtube of the final touches however: 

Now at the same time I devoloped the idea to coat the bottom as well. When turing the boat boack again I would like to put it on its trailer right away. With a finished bottom I didn't have to move it anymore to coat the hidden spots. 
The Keel I had to keep unpainted however. I still have to pour the ballast and I guess that the hot molten lead would damage the paint on the outside.

In the following pictures I'll give you an impression of the "priming-filling/leveling-coating" of the hull:







As you see I had to "correct" some small deformings. After all they were the first stages I build and I was indeed confronted with my lack of experience back then 😔. 

Still confused wether to label it as "imperfect" or as "not-bad-for-an-amateur".






No comments:

Post a Comment