Friday 26 April 2019

Templates

Transfering the drawings on aluminum sheet is a bit more difficult than on plywood. Of course I could have tried to mark the sheet with an awl but I choose a step in between and decided to make use of templates.

In fact it is quite straightforward: Instead of "scribing" the drawing onto plywood I scribe the drawing om 4mm MDF (the template). This can be more time consuming and costs a bit more. Except for that most of the templates only have to be "scribed" for one side (hull) or half (bulkheads). This reduces time and gives me the opportunity to eventually build next ship much faster.

Of course this all is a try out and it can end up in a one-time event. Considering the super nice model, the possibilities and the fact that Erik desperately would have a Pocketship as well, I have to take into account that I probably may build a second one (I'll get in touch with you for that John)!



No comments:

Post a Comment